Parmesan and Herb Crusted Lamb Chops
From a Chef's Kitchen
These crispy Parmesan and Herb Crusted Lamb Chops are easy to prepare and perfect for a spring special occasion for two.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup panko
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons finely fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 small lamb chops
- ¼ cup olive oil or as needed
- Combine flour, salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper on a plate.
- Place eggs in a bowl and beat to blend.
- Combine cheese, panko, rosemary, parsley, thyme, garlic and salt and black pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Dust lamb chops with seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Dip in eggs, then thoroughly coat with cheese, breadcrumb and herb mixture.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add 3 to 4 chops, reduce heat to medium and cook until nicely browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet and hold warm in a 180 degree oven if necessary. Repeat with remaining chops.