Pretty Plated Tuna Salad
The View From the Great Island
This Pretty Plated Tuna Salad is a fun reminder that the simplest foods can provide a feast for all the senses. Serve this elegant tuna salad platter for a brunch, luncheon, shower, or just because.
- 5 ounce can Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil
- 1 small Persian cucumber, do not peel
- 2 button mushrooms
- ¼ cup enoki mushrooms
- ¼ cup edamame beans (thawed)
- several sprigs fresh dill
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- blood orange vinegar
- juice of 1 blood orange
- equal amount champagne or white wine vinegar
- Use a mandoline slicer to slice the cucumber lengthwise into 1/8 inch slices. They should be translucent and pliable enough to roll.
- Trim the ends from the mushrooms and slice them paper thin on the mandoline.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on your platter in a half moon configuration. You can roll them, or lay them out like ribbons. I did both.
- Add chunks of the tuna in and among the cucumber.
- Arrange the mushrooms, the carrot tops, and edamame in a pleasing pattern.
- Garnish with the edible flowers, a shower of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and some of the blood orange vinegar.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island