Rainbow Carrots with Browned Butter and Sage
The View From the Great Island
Rainbow Carrots with Browned Butter and Sage is an easy way to add a healthy pop of color to your weekday meals or your Thanksgiving table.
- 3 bunches rainbow carrots, (about 15) peeled and sliced
- 6 tbsp salted butter (sub olive oil for vegan)
- about 12 fresh sage leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh sage leaves
- Steam the carrots for 5 minutes or until they lose their crunch but are still firm. I do this in a bowl in the microwave, add 1 cup water, cover, and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet until sizzling, then add the sage. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the butter turns a golden brown.
- Add the drained carrots to the skillet and toss well to coat with the butter. Sauté for a few minutes until the carrots are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island