Ram Ladoo is a popular street food made with fluffy lentil fritters that are topped with green and sweet chutney. Ram Ladoo are soft and airy on the inside.
- 1 cup Moong dal
- 0.25 cup chana dal
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1" ginger piece,
- 1 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- Red Chili powder (adjust as per taste preference)
- 0.125 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- to taste Salt
- for Frying Oil
- as needed Green Chutney
- as needed tamarind chutney
- 4 small Radish (grated)
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Soak moong dal and chana dal for 3~4 hours. Drain the water and grind dal into a fine paste --add very very little water.
- Take the paste into a mixing bowl, add ground cumin powder, ginger, cilantro, red chili powder, asafoetida and salt. Whisk well to mix all the ingredients and also to aerate the mixture a little bit. This step will help in making fluffy ladoo.
- Heat oil for deep frying on medium flame.
- Just before frying the ladoo, add baking soda and mix well to combine.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of batter in the hot oil and fry until golden on all sides. Remove onto paper towel lined plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Once all the ladoo are fried, divide them between 4 serving bowls. Top with green chutney, tamarind chutney, grated radish and chaat masala. Serve right away and ENJOY!!