"Ricotta" Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are an easy 7-ingredient recipe that can be made in under an hour! This lasagna-esque & comforting dish is dairy-free!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup parsley
- Almond ricotta
- 1 cup blanched almonds (soaked in water overnight)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Gently score the top of your Portobello mushrooms. This allows the moisture to come out of the mushrooms as they cook and lets the marinade soak in. Pour the marinade over the mushrooms and rub the mushrooms so they are coated with the marinade. Set aside.
- While the mushrooms are marinating, drain and rinse the almonds. Add them to a food processor along with the lemon juice, salt and water. Process until it reaches a ricotta-like consistency, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Lay the mushrooms cap-side down on a baking tray. Top each mushroom with 1/4 of the marinara and then the ricotta. Sprinkle with herbs and bake for 30 minutes, or until the Portobellos are tender. Serve.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds