Rosemary Roasted Rainbow Potatoes
The View From the Great Island
Rosemary Roasted Rainbow Potatoes are a colorful and easy side dish that brings some excitement to the table, and they're no more trouble than regular roasted potatoes.
- about 2 pounds (or 1/3 pound per person) assorted baby potatoes, multicolored
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary, about 6 large sprigs
- Set oven to 375F
- Rinse and dry the potatoes. Slice them in half, lengthwise and add them to a large bowl. Note: you want the potatoes to cook evenly, so if you have larger potatoes, cut them in wedges or slices to match the smaller ones.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil to lightly coat them, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on one or two baking sheets, and add half of the rosemary.
- Roast until the potatoes are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Rearrange them once or twice during that time so they cook evenly.
- Remove the burnt rosemary stems and strip the leaves from the remaining rosemary and toss with the potatoes. Serve immediately.