Rosemary Roasted Rainbow Potatoes
The View From the Great Island
Rosemary Roasted Rainbow Potatoes are a colorful and easy side dish that brings some excitement to the table, and they're no more trouble than regular roasted potatoes.
- about 2 pounds (or 1/3 pound per person) assorted baby potatoes, multicolored
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary, about 6 large sprigs
- Set oven to 375F
- Rinse and dry the potatoes. Slice them in half, lengthwise and add them to a large bowl. Note: you want the potatoes to cook evenly, so if you have larger potatoes, cut them in wedges or slices to match the smaller ones.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil to lightly coat them, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on one or two baking sheets, and add half of the rosemary.
- Roast until the potatoes are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Rearrange them once or twice during that time so they cook evenly.
- Remove the burnt rosemary stems and strip the leaves from the remaining rosemary and toss with the potatoes. Serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island