Sheet Pan Chicken Puttanesca
The View From the Great Island
Sheet Pan Chicken Puttanesca is a riff on pasta puttanesca, this easy 30 minute tray bake makes good use of all those lush flavors, plus chicken! (Genius.)
- 4 boneless, skin on, chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup black or mixed olives
- 0.5 cup roasted marinated artichoke hearts, halved or quartered
- 8 roasted garlic cloves
- 0.5 cup marinated roasted red peppers, sliced into strips
- 0.33333333333333 cup sun dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 6 anchovy filets
- a few stems of small tomatoes on the vine, or about 2 cups loose
- 0.5 lemon, cut in small wedges
- 0.25 cup pine nuts
- red chili flakes to taste (a pinch to 1 tsp)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet and brown the chicken, skin side down, for about 5 minutes, or until nice and brown. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients around the chicken. Give the lemon wedges a squeeze as you add them. Season with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or just until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes have begun to break down. The interior of the chicken should register 160F on an instant read thermometer.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy!