The View From the Great Island
These Skinny Fries are skinny in every sense of the word, baked in healthy olive oil with lots of flavor and no salt --- yup, fries are back on the table!
- 1 russet potato, scrubbed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lemon zest
- finely minced rosemary
- Set oven to 400F
- Slice the potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. The easiest way to do this is on a mandoline slicer. Cut each of those slices into 1/4 inch strips.
- Put the potato strips in a bowl and toss with about a tablespoon of olive oil, making sure get them all coated. You can add a little more oil if you like.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet in a single layer, they shouldn't be touching each other. I lined my sheet with a piece of parchment.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then toss rearrange/flip the fries and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- Scatter the hot fries with the lemon zest and rosemary and eat!
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island