The View From the Great Island
No-Bake Slab Tiramisu ~ this cool and creamy tiramisu cake recipe is an effortless way to satisfy a crowd ~ layer it up, and let it hang out in the refrigerator, it'll get better as it sits!
- 20 crisp Italian ladyfinger biscuits
- 3 tbsp espresso powder (instant espresso)
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar ( (plus 1 Tbsp for the coffee) )
- ⅔ cup cold heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup marscapone cheese (at room temperature)
- cocoa powder for dusting
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Mix the espresso powder with one cup of cold water, and sweeten with one tablespoon of powdered sugar.
- Pour the cold coffee into a shallow bowl and dip each cookie, first on one side, and then the other, Just wet the cookies, don't let them soak through. 2 seconds per side should do it. Arrange the ladyfingers in two rows of 10 in a 9x13 pan.
- Whip the cream until it starts to thicken, and then beat in the sugar and vanilla. Beat until the cream forms good stiff peaks, but don't beat too long, or you'll wind up with butter!
- Gently fold in the room temperature marscapone until the cheese is well incorporated. Your cheese must be soft or this will not work.
- Check your ladyfingers. They should feel soft to the touch. If they still feel hard at all, drizzle a touch more coffee over them. Pile the whipped cream mixture onto the ladyfingers and smooth out evenly across the surface. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with sifted cocoa powder and some chocolate curls.