Smokey Gouda Mac and Cheese
The View From the Great Island
Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese takes everybody's favorite comfort food up a notch ~ this easy and delicious meal can be on the table in under an hour.
- 2 rounded cups dry macaroni, cooked in well salted water until just al dente, and drained
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated smoked Gouda cheese, plus more for topping
- Set oven to 350F
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour. Whisk to combine, and cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and whisk to combine, continuing to heat until the milk comes to a simmer and is thickened.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the cheese, stir until all of the cheese is incorporated and the sauce is smooth. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix the macaroni with the sauce, and pour into a baking dish or individual dishes. Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbling throughout.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top and put under the broiler until the cheese is browned.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island