Sorakaya Thelagapindi Kura (Bottlegourd Curry)
Healthy and delicious dry curry made with Bottle gourd and thelaga pindi (ground sesame seed peels). This is a great side dish to rice or roti.
- 3 cups Bottle gourd (Sorakaya/ - peeled and diced)
- 1 tomato (- medium, chopped)
- 2 chilies (Green - slit)
- (1.25l) fish stock (Ground)
- (1.25l) fish stock
- (1.25l) fish stock (Red (adjust as per taste))
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 red chili (Dry)
- 8 ~ 10 Curry leaves
- to taste Salt
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a saute pan; add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the seeds start to splutter add dry red chili and curry leaves.
- Next add bottlegourd, green chilies and turmeric. Mix well, cover and cook until tender, about 8~10 minutes.
- Add tomato, ground coriander, red chili powder and salt. Cook covered till the tomatoes turn to mush. Finally stir in thelaga pindi, mix well and cook for another 3~4 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice or even rotis.