Sorrel Smoothie Dream
Green smoothie with a twist. Delicious and healthy sorrel, orange and apple smoothie. Hydrates, detoxifies and improves metabolism.
- 1 cup sorrel leaves
- 1 orange
- 2 apples
- 0 cup (1.25l) fish stock (mineral) water ((still))
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 leaves mint
- 1 tbsp honey ((or other sweetener of your choice))
- 1 ounce dark chocolate ((one square, to be sprinkled on top))
- Take the sorrel leaves. Rinse the sorrel leaves several times under running water, so that any dust and dirt is removed. Dry the leaves (you can use kitchen towels). Note: you are recommended not to use the hard stems of the sorrel since most blenders won't cut them
- Peel the orange. Try to remove as much of the bitter-tasting white pith as possible. Cut out the core of the apple and slice it into smaller chunks together with the orange. Note: Use ripe and juicy fruits; this way your smoothie will taste the best.
- Put the sorrel and water in the blender and process until the sorrel is finely chopped. Add the chunks of orange and apple, as well as the mint leaves, sesame seeds and honey into the blender. Process until smooth.
- The smoothie is now ready to be poured into smoothie jars or glasses. Grate the dark chocolate and sprinkle it on top of the smoothie.
View the recipe instructions at Smoothie Fairytales