Spaghetti and Meatball
The View From the Great Island
Spaghetti and Giant Meatballs ~ kids of all ages love this fun dinner idea, proving once and for all that size DOES matter!
- 1 lb ground beef (or a mix of 1/2 beef and 1/2 pork sausage)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese ( plus more for garnish )
- ⅓ cup finely chopped parsley
- olive oil for browning
- a jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- cooked spaghetti
- Set oven to 350F
- Put all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Break up the meat and mix everything together with your fingertips, making sure to distribute everything evenly, without compacting the meat too much.
- Form the mixture into two large meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet until hot, and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- To finish cooking the meatballs, I put them in a small oven safe pot and cover with the marinara sauce. Cover loosely with foil and bake for about 30-40 minutes until the meat is cooked through. A thermometer inserted i the center of a meatball should read 160F.
- Serve over spaghetti, garnished with Parmesan cheese.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island