Spicy Bean and Fried Egg Tostada
Fancy something spicy but healthy for brunch? This Mexican tostada will blow your mind!
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 100 g black beans
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp garlic puree
- 10 baby plum tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 soft corn wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado (smashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 small lime
- 1 handful coriander (to serve)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Heat some of the oil in a saucepan on a medium to high heat. Fry the onions until they are glossy.
- Add the spices and give everything a good stir. Add the tomato puree and garlic puree, then cook through for 1 minute. Add the beans and stir to coat in the spices. Turn the heat right down and simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes. Add water if needed.
- Prepare the avocado and gently mash it using a fork. Squeeze in some lime and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortillas in a dry frying pan and heat both sides for a few minutes until they have a bit of colour and become crisp.
- Fry 2 eggs with the rest of the oil.
- Place the tortilla on a plate, add the egg, followed by the bean mixture along with the smashed avocado, sliced tomatoes, coriander and a lime wedge. Sprinkle some smoked paprika across the egg. Serve and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Globe Scoffers