Spicy Tuna Wonton Cups
The View From the Great Island
Spicy Tuna Wonton Cups are portable comfort food for easy entertaining,.wherever and whenever you've got hungry people to feed!
- 18 wonton wrappers
- tuna filling
- 5 ounce can of Genova® Albacore or Yellowfin
- 0.33333333333333 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 0.33333333333333 cup minced celery
- 0.33333333333333 cup minced red onion
- 0.5 jalapeno, minced, seeds and all (leave out seeds and veins for less heat)
- 0.66666666666667 cup finely shredded cheese (I used sharp white and yellow cheddar)
- 0.5 tsp onion salt
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill, or more if you love it. Substitute 1/2 tsp, or to taste, dried dill.
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Blend all the tuna filling ingredients together in a bowl, and taste to adjust the seasonings.
- Fit the wonton wrappers into the wells of a mini muffin pan. Be sure to get the dough completely into the wells, and along the sides of the muffin cups. You'll need 2 pans, or you can bake the last few cups after the first 12.
- Fill each wonton cup with the tuna mixture, slightly mounding it up, because it will shrink down as it bakes. Lay a sheet of foil or parchment paper loosely over the pan, but don't crimp it down. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the wonton wrappers are golden browned and the tuna is bubbling. The exact time will depend on your pan and your oven.
- Serve piping hot.