Spinach and Artichoke Quiche
The View From the Great Island
Spinach and Artichoke Quiche is a deliciously easy meatless meal that proves that comfort food isn't all about meat and potatoes.
- 1 frozen pie crust (do not thaw)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk, half and half, or cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese such as cheddar, Gruyere, or your choice
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts (drained)
- 5 ounces frozen spinach (thawed and drained well )
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Set oven to 400F
- Whisk the eggs well in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the milk or half and half, and then the cheeses.
- Squeeze any excess moisture out of the artichoke hearts, and chop them. Add them to the mixture.
- Chop the spinach and add it to the mixture as well. (Make sure there is no excess moisture in the spinach) Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pie shell. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until browned and risen in the center. It should not be soft or wobbly in the center. You can check with a toothpick.