Spinach and Feta Quiche with Quinoa Crust
From a Chef's Kitchen
Have some leftover quinoa? Use it to make this crispy yet delightfully chewy crust for this Spinach and Feta Quiche!
- cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ((divided))
- 1 bag (10-ounce) baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green part only, chopped)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup feta cheese
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- CRUST: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine crust ingredients in a bowl. Spray a 10-inch tart / quiche pan with cooking spray. Press quinoa - egg mixture into and up the sides of the tart / quiche pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- FILLING: Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add garlic and scallions, stir and set aside to cool. (The residual heat will cook the garlic and scallions perfectly.) Season spinach mixture with salt and black pepper to taste. Gently press moisture from the spinach mixture with the back of a spoon (no need to wring as with frozen chopped spinach).
- Sprinkle quinoa crust with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Combine spinach mixture with feta cheese. Evenly distribute over the Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk together ricotta cheese, half-and-half and eggs. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper. Carefully pour over spinach - feta mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked through and top is beginning to lightly brown. Cut into wedges and serve.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen