Spring Gnocchi with Tomato and Wild Garlic (V)
Cake and Whisky
Delicious and ready in just 10 minutes, this spring gnocchi with tomato and wild garlic dish is the perfect easy dish to celebrate the season!
- 250g g fresh gnocchi
- 150g g cherry tomatoes, cleaned and chopped in half
- small bunch wild garlic, cleaned, pat-dried and roughly chopped
- 0.5 small Onion
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1,5 tbsp olive oil
- enough neutral oil
- 20g g feta cheese
- salt, pepper, chilli flakes to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the flour with a good pinch of salt and a bit of black pepper, then add the onion and stir until it's all well coated.
- Pour enough neutral oil to cover the bottom of a small saucepan. Bring it to about 190°C (it should sizzle slightly). Drop the coated onion bits in and cook for a few minutes, until the onion is golden. Remove from the oil with a spoon, place onto a few layers of kitchen towels, season with a little bit of salt and set aside.
- Bring some salted water to the boil, then cook the gnocchi according to packaging instructions (usually 1-2 min). Rince with cold water and drain well.
- Heat up a big cast iron skillet (or non-stick pan). When it's hot, add in the gnocchi and the halved tomatoes. Cook for about a minute, then add 1 tbsp olive oil and the wild garlic and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and transfer onto a plate. Crumble the feta cheese on top, sprinkle with a little pinch of salt flakes and chilli flakes to taste, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and serve immediately.