Spring Potato Salad (Vegan, GF)
Cake and Whisky
Packed with tender asparagus & baby peas as well as new potatoes & pea shoots, this Spring potato salad is the perfect dish to spring into the new season!
- 500 g baby new potatoes
- 200 g asparagus
- 100 g snow peas and/or garden peas
- 200 g pea shoot salad
- olive oil ((divided))
- ½ zest and juice of lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 7).
- Wash and dry the potatoes, then cut them in half lengthwise. Place in an oven-proof dish, season with 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, a little sprinkle of black pepper and a good drizzle (about 2 tbsp) of olive oil. Mix well.
- Bake for 35-40 min or until well roasted, stirring every 15-20 minutes to ensure the potatoes roast evenly on all sides.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and the snow peas, then use a small knife to cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Blanch the asparagus and snow/garden peas for about 30 sec in a pot of boiling water, then remove from the heat and place the vegetables into a bath of really cold water. Drain well.
- In a small jar, combine the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes and black pepper. Close the jar, then shake until well combined.
- In a big salad bowl, layer the pea shoots, asparagus and peas. Dress with the lemon zest and lemony dressing. Mix well, then top with the potatoes and serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at Cake and Whisky