Spring Potato Salad (Vegan, GF)
Cake and Whisky
Packed with tender asparagus & baby peas as well as new potatoes & pea shoots, this Spring potato salad is the perfect dish to spring into the new season!
- 500g g baby new potatoes
- 200g g asparagus
- 100g g snow peas and/or garden peas
- 200g g pea shoot salad
- olive oil
- 0.5 zest and juice of lemon
- a tiny bit of Dijon mustard
- sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 7).
- Wash and dry the potatoes, then cut them in half lengthwise. Place in an oven-proof dish, season with 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, a little sprinkle of black pepper and a good drizzle (about 2 tbsp) of olive oil. Mix well.
- Bake for 35-40 min or until well roasted, stirring every 15-20 minutes to ensure the potatoes roast evenly on all sides.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and the snow peas, then use a small knife to cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Blanch the asparagus and snow/garden peas for about 30 sec in a pot of boiling water, then remove from the heat and place the vegetables into a bath of really cold water. Drain well.
- In a small jar, combine the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes and black pepper. Close the jar, then shake until well combined.
- In a big salad bowl, layer the pea shoots, asparagus and peas. Dress with the lemon zest and lemony dressing. Mix well, then top with the potatoes and serve immediately.