Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
The View From the Great Island
A great sprinkle cookie is the little black dress of desserts ~ it's never out of place! Customize the sprinkles for any occasion ~
3 1/2 to 4 dozen cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.75 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1.25 cups sugar
- 0.25 cup cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- set oven to 375F
- Put the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the butter, sugar, and cream cheese, and pulse until the butter is well incorporated.
- Add the egg and extracts and process until the dough comes together in a lump.
- Scoop bits of dough out with a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop and roll into a ball with your hands. Roll the dough in sprinkles, making sure to get them completely coated.
- Bake, 2 inches apart, for 8 minutes. Let them cool for a minute on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a rack.