Teriyaki Noodle Stir-Fry
Wife Mama Foodie
This asian inspired vegan teriyaki noodle and stir-fry is dairy and gluten-free full of delicious veggies and will be sure to wow your friends and family!
- ? cup low sodium tamari (gluten-free), soy sauce, or coconut aminos (gluten-free and soy free)
- 1 tablespoon honey, coconut nectar, or coconut/brown sugar, add more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ? teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of black pepper (can use crushed red pepper or sriracha if you like it more spicy)
- 8 oz noodles (I used these ramen noodles* or if gluten-free you can use rice noodles or brown rice spaghetti)
- 2 cups shredded nappa cabbage or other green leafy vegetable like baby bok choy, spinach, or regular cabbag
- 2 carrots (julienned)
- 1 whole bell pepper, stem and seeds discarded and thinly sliced (any color will do)
- 4 mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 green onions, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- If using regular ramen noodles, place noodles into a pot of boiling water and cook just until broken up. DO NOT cook the noodles fully at this point or they will not hold up in the stir-fry. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- If using rice noodles, place noodles into a bowl of hot water for up to 10 minutes, just until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl combine tamari/soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper. Stir and set aside. (If you add extra veggies/noodles or like it really saucy, I recommend doubling the sauce!)
- Place a large frying pan or wok on the stove over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, along with the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté vegetables for 2-3 minutes until slightly tender. Add snow peas and green onions and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add drained noodles and half of the teriyaki sauce. Quickly stir-fry on hight heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and evenly coats the noodles, adding the remaining sauce as needed. Serve immediately. Makes 2-3 servings.
View the recipe instructions at Wife Mama Foodie