Thai Tofu Pizza on Spelt Crust
No-rise Spelt Pizza with Thai Tofu Topping --- base is a very simple recipe that needs no rising time. Topping is a delicious spicy peanut sauce with scrambled tofu and cheese.
- ¾ cup Spelt flour
- 2 tsps yeast (Instant)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Corn starch Arrowroot (or starch)
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ ~ 1/2 cup Water (Warm)
- 7 oz Firm Tofu (. (half of a package) Extra firm or , drained, pressed and crumbled)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (Grated (use vegan cheese for a vegan pizza option))
- 1 cup Broccoli (Chopped)
- 3 scallion (, thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Peanuts (Roasted , chopped)
- 3 tbsps peanut butter (Creamy)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic (, finely minced)
- ½ ginger (" piece, finely grated)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Agave Honey (Nectar or)
- 1 tsp Chili garlic sauce
- In a bowl, combine flour, yeast, corn starch (arrowroot starch), salt, maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil and 1/4cup water. Mix and knead to form a smooth dough. Add more water 1tbsp at a time, if needed. Cover and set the bowl near the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the peanut sauce. Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
- Prepare Thai Tofu: Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add the crumbled tofu along with 3tbsp peanut sauce. Cook on medium high heat, stirring frequently, until tofu is crispy, about 5~7 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into 12~13" round or oval shape. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the remaining peanut sauce over the crust and top with sauteed tofu, cheese, broccoli and scallions.
- Bake in the oven for 10~12 minutes or until the crust is slightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle chopped peanuts and more scallions, slice ad serve.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout