Thai Tofu Pizza on Spelt Crust
No-rise Spelt Pizza with Thai Tofu Topping --- base is a very simple recipe that needs no rising time. Topping is a delicious spicy peanut sauce with scrambled tofu and cheese.
- 0.75 cup Spelt flour
- 2 tsps yeast (Instant)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Corn starch Arrowroot (or starch)
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 ~ 1/2 cup Water (Warm)
- 7 oz Firm Tofu (. (half of a package) Extra firm or , drained, pressed and crumbled)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (Grated (use vegan cheese for a vegan pizza option))
- 1 cup Broccoli (Chopped)
- 3 scallion (, thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Peanuts (Roasted , chopped)
- 3 tbsps peanut butter (Creamy)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic (, finely minced)
- 0.5 ginger (" piece, finely grated)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Agave Honey (Nectar or)
- 1 tsp Chili garlic sauce
- In a bowl, combine flour, yeast, corn starch (arrowroot starch), salt, maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil and 1/4cup water. Mix and knead to form a smooth dough. Add more water 1tbsp at a time, if needed. Cover and set the bowl near the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the peanut sauce. Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
- Prepare Thai Tofu: Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add the crumbled tofu along with 3tbsp peanut sauce. Cook on medium high heat, stirring frequently, until tofu is crispy, about 5~7 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into 12~13" round or oval shape. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the remaining peanut sauce over the crust and top with sauteed tofu, cheese, broccoli and scallions.
- Bake in the oven for 10~12 minutes or until the crust is slightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle chopped peanuts and more scallions, slice ad serve.