The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. I often use charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean. I also like that it doesn't call for any unusual ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (divided)
- ½ cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water (divided)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice (for serving)
- toasted sesame seeds (for serving)
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add beef and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes until the broccoli is tender but still crisp. Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional).
View the recipe instructions at www.geniuskitchen.com