A hearty and comforting noodle soup from North east Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- fistful Noodles ((I used thin spaghetti))
- 6 green onions (- chopped)
- 1 carrot (- small, sliced)
- 1 potato (- medium, chopped)
- 1 cup Broccoli (- florets)
- 2 cups spinach (- chopped)
- 1 ginger (" - grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (- grated)
- 1 ~ 2 Chilies (Green - finely chopped)
- 3 ~ 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- optional (Whole Spices (3 Cloves/ 3 Cardamom pods/ 3 Peppercorns))
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander (Ground)
- 1 tsp chili powder (Red)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1tbsp mustard oil in a saucepan; add cloves, cardamom and peppercorns. Cook for 30 seconds. Add grated ginger, garlic, green onions and chilies. Cook till onions are tender.
- Next add carrots, potatoes and cook on medium flame until veggies are lightly browned around the edges. Add turmeric, red chili powder, ground coriander, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and add spinach. Simmer the soup until the veggies are tender.
- Add cooked noodles, soy sauce and cook till heated through. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve immediately.