Vegan Bibimbap Fried Rice
Bibimbap fried rice is a spicy and delicious Korean dish that has all the flavors of the traditional Bibimbap but is much easier to make.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cups mushrooms (Baby Bella or Shittake)
- 1 medium Carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 3 cups Rice (brown or white) (at room temperature)
- 1 cup Kimchi (store bought or homemade) (chopped)
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Gojuchang (Korean Red pepper paste)
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- pinch of sugar
- to taste Salt Pepper
- 8 oz extra firm tofu (cubed)
- 2 cups Mung bean sprouts
- 1 medium Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a large wok, stir fry tofu until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil; stir fry mushrooms, carrots and garlic for 3~4 minutes or until the veggies are just tender.
- Stir in kimchi, cooked rice, cooked tofu, gojuchang, sesame oil and 1tbsp water. Mix and add soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Toss to heat everything through.
- Serve topped with scallions and sliced cucumbers.