Asian Vegetable Soup with Tofu, Kimchi and Rice Noodles
From a Chef's Kitchen
Asian Vegetable Soup with Tofu, Kimchi and Rice Noodles is guaranteed to warm you from the inside out!
- 8 cups vegetable broth (or as needed)
- 0.5 cup soy sauce or tamari (regular or gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 large carrots (shredded or 2 handfuls purchased julienned carrots)
- 6 cups sliced baby bok choy (about 4 small heads)
- 2 bunches scallions (white and light green part only, thinly sliced diagonally)
- 1 package (14-ounce) extra-firm tofu (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2-3 ounces thin brown rice noodles
- 1 cup kimchi (or to taste)
- Combine the broth, soy sauce or tamari, curry powder, ginger, garlic, carrots and bok choy in a large pot. Bring to a boil, cover slightly and simmer until vegetables are just tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add scallion, tofu, brown rice noodles and kimchi. Bring back to a simmer and cook another 2-3 minutes or until rice noodles are soft.