Vegan Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Tart
The View From the Great Island
My Vegan Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Tart makes a fun non-dairy breakfast treat for any occasion. Customize your healthy tart with seasonal fruit!
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melt if solid)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- filling and topping
- 124 ounce container
- 1 large or 2 small starfruit (thinly sliced)
- 2 strawberries (sliced)
- ½ cup mandarin orange slices
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 mango or papaya, thinly sliced and cup into small heart with a small cutter
- 1 kiwi,
- ½ banana
- about 10 raspberries
- Set oven to 350F
- Mix the oats, nuts and seeds, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla together in a bowl until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 10-12" tart pan with a removable bottom (or a pie plate). Use a measuring cup to help press the granola evenly across the pan and up the sides. Depending on your pan, you might not need all the mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Let cool. You can make the crust ahead if you want to and fill it the next morning just before serving.
- Spread the yogurt evenly over the cooled granola crust.
- Beginning at the outside edge, arrange the strawberries alternately with the starfruit slices. Insert mandarin orange slices in the spaces between.
- Next lay down a circle of halved blueberries. Follow with the mango hearts and raspberries.
- Arrange half moons of kiwi next, and fill in the center with banana slices, blueberries, and a raspberry.
- For best results, serve right away. Remove the sides of the tart pan so that you can slice your tart more easily. Use a sharp knife to cut through the crust and ease out your slices with a pie server.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island