The Honey Blonde
- 1 medium to large zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- ½ cup ricotta
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay zucchini slices on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Zucchini will start to "sweat" and form water droplets on top. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute the ground turkey in 2 tsp of olive oil until brown. Add pasta sauce and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta sauce has reduced and is no longer watery. About 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta and nutmeg, then set aside. Pat down zucchini to absorb as much of the water as possible.
- To assemble the lasagna, start by spreading a layer of sauce across the bottom of the baking dish. Next lay on one or two layers of zucchini slices then spread on a layer of the ricotta and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat steps with sauce, zucchini and cheeses. Finish off the lasagna with a layer of sauce and a sprinkle of the remaining mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes if using individual loaf pans, or 30 minutes if using a casserole dish.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
View the recipe instructions at The Honey Blonde