Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcels
From a Chef's Kitchen
Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcels are super elegant and perfect for your spring special occasion! #sponsored #ad #paid #InspiredbyPuff
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- 2 (5-ounce) packages baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ((approximately 1 pound), cooked, cooled and diced)
- 1 can (15-ounce) artichoke hearts (drained, squeezed of excess moisture and chopped)
- 1 container (6.5-ounce) herb and garlic cheese spread
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 large egg (mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
- 2 (17.3-ounce) packages Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (4 sheets)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw puff pastry per package directions.
- Heat oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the baby spinach and cook, 3-4 minutes or until wilted. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds more or until fragrant. Transfer baby spinach to a sieve or colander to drain. Gently press on the spinach with a wooden spoon to extract any excess moisture.
- Combine spinach, chicken, artichoke hearts, herb and garlic cheese spread, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and chives in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Combine egg and water to form an egg wash. Set aside.
- Roll out and cut each sheet into four even squares. Place even amounts of the chicken filling in the center of each puff pastry square. Dab a small amount of egg wash on each corner of the puff pastry. Pull the corners up and over the filling to form a square parcel. Dab each parcel with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden. If the pastry pulls away from the filling, gently press it back down with a spoon or spatula while still hot. Serve immediately.