One Banana Banana Bread
The View From the Great Island
One Banana Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts ~ when there's just one banana left on the counter, this one-banana, one-bowl quick bread recipe steps up to the plate.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 egg, plus milk to make 1 cup
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add the softened butter and banana to the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, and mix until blended and smooth. (Or, if you don't have a stand mixer, mash the banana by hand with a fork, and add in the softened butter along with the rest of the ingredients)
- Add the egg and milk, vanilla, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt, and mix until no lumps remain.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan, and bake for about 40-45 minutes, until risen and golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out without batter clinging to it. (Moist crumbs are fine.)
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island