Asparagus Prosciutto Tart
The Honey Blonde
This the perfect brunch!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 sheet puff pastry (flour for dusting)
- ¼ cup marscarpone
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese ( grated or shaved )
- ½ shallot (minced)
- ½ lemon zest
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices of prosciutto
- Trim asparagus by bending them until the break. They will beak at their natural trimming point.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile prepare an ice bath. Drop asparagus into boiling water. Boil for 2-3 minutes, until asparagus turns bright green and is slightly tender. Transfer to ice bath.
- Prepare the puff pastry by cutting a 1/2 inch border and poking holes in the center with a fork. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until just barely starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, cream together the marscarpone cheese, sour cream, and egg in a medium bowl. Add in the shallot, lemon zest, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Remove puff pastry from the oven and press down the center. Spread the marscarpone mixture over the center of the pastry. Add a layer of prosciutto on top, then top off with the asparagus spears. Sprinkle with some additional Parmesan and brush the border of the pastry with an egg wash.
- Bake at 400 degrees for another 10 to 15 minutes until the border is golden brown and the asparagus is tender.
View the recipe instructions at The Honey Blonde