Baked Eggs with Chorizo
You Totally Got This
Confession: I eat eggs on toast for dinner. These One Pan Baked Eggs with Chorizo are totally dinner-worthy. You won't be disappointed when your'e done.
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 chorizo sausage (mild or hot…you decide)
- 2 tsp olive oil ((divided))
- 1 cup tinned crushed tomatoes
- 1 400g can butter beans/lima beans
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- ½ bunch of flat leaf parsley (approximately ½ cup once chopped)
- 4 eggs ((beaten))
- 2 slices crusty bread or wraps, regular or gluten free (to serve)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F
- Thinly slice the chorizo and roughly chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven proof frying pan or skillet over medium to high heat. Add the onion and chorizo and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, butter/lima beans, chilli (if using) and spinach and stir through until the spinach has wilted and covered with sauce. This will take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir through the parsley (leaving a tablespoon aside to sprinkle on top later). Use the back of a spoon to make four indents in the mixture, and crack an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the whites are cooked, but the yokes are still runny. Depending on your oven, you might need to rotate the pan once so the eggs cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve with crusty bread or wraps if using.