Cauliflower Antipasto Salad
From a Chef's Kitchen
Cauliflower Antipasto Salad is easy summertime fare that's light, crunchy, crazy flavorful and perfect for feeding a crowd!
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded --OR-- 1 jar (12-ounce) roasted red bell peppers (drained)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ½ medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 can (15-ounce) garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 jar (12-ounce) marinated artichoke hearts, drained (reserve marinade) and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives (sliced)
- ½ cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 8 ounces Mozzarella or Provolone cheese (diced)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Italian salami such as Genoa or Soppressata, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped loosely packed Italian parsley or celery leaves plus more for garnish
- reserved marinade from artichoke hearts
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large lemon
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- SALAD: Preheat broiler to high. Place red bell pepper halves on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil. Place under the broiler and broil 10 to 15 minutes or until blackened. Immediately place another baking sheet the same size over the peppers or cover with aluminum foil. Let the peppers steam and rest for 15 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add cauliflower, red onion, garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, olives, pepperoncini peppers, cheese, salami and parsley (or celery leaves). Toss to combine.
- DRESSING: Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad and stir to combine. Garnish with additional parsley or celery leaves.