Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
From a Chef's Kitchen
Chilled Cantaloupe Soup is super easy and so refreshing! Serve it as a starter for an elegant lunch, light summer supper or as a healthful late afternoon "pick-me-up!"
- 1 very large cantaloupe (orange melon)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- orange wedges (for serving)
- basil or mint sprigs (for serving)
- Cut the melon in half and remove all the seeds and fibers. Slice into 8 slices and peel.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add the orange juice, yogurt, honey and white wine vinegar. Puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender in batches until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness with honey and add a pinch of salt to taste. Serve garnish with orange slices and basil or mint sprigs.