Coconut Salmon Curry with Gnocchi
Asia meets Europe in this creamy, vibrant and spicy fusion dish! Give it a go.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 500 g gnocchi
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional (or use olive / rapeseed oil))
- 400 g light coconut milk
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 red chilli (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp curry powder (medium )
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2 lemon grass stalks
- 100 ml water
- Add the oil to the pan and fry the onion and chopped carrot for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for a few minutes. Next add the curry powder and stir to coats the contents of the pan. Then add the coconut milk and water and mix everything together.
- Bruise the lemongrass and add to the sauce along with the chopped coriander. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Slice the salmon into chunks while your sauce is simmering and set a side.
- After the 15 minutes, remove the lemongrass from the pan. Blend your sauce using a hand mixer until completely smooth. Add the salmon to the sauce, cover and poach for about 5-6 minutes.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and drop in the gnocchi. Cook for 3 minutes or until they begin to float to the top.
- Remove the salmon from the sauce with a slotted spoon, then add the drained gnocchi. Stir and coat well.
- To serve place gnocchi in the bowl, followed by the salmon and any remaining sauce. Top with some sliced red chilli and coriander leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Globe Scoffers