Crispy Oven Fried Tofu
You'll never believe this gluten free oven fried tofu is not fried! It is impossibly crispy and crunchy! Ready to be dunked in your favorite sauce!
- 1 (16) oz package high protein tofu, cut into squares
- ¾ cup garbanzo bean flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush the cornflakes: place the cornflakes in a zip top bag and smash them to your hearts content. Or at least until they are in small pieces. Measure out your 3 cups once the flakes are crushed. Transfer them into a bowl.
- Bread the tofu: In a bowl, whisk together the garbanzo bean flour, water, and salt. Dunk a piece of tofu into this mixture. Coat all sides evenly and let the excess drip off. Next, roll it in the cornflakes making sure to coat all sides. Place on a greased baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds