Crustless Quiche with Sausage, Bacon and Ham
From a Chef's Kitchen
Crustless Quiche with Sausage, Bacon and Ham is ideal for low-carb or gluten-free diets and simply because it's easier than fussing with a crust!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green part only
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 hot Italian sausage
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 ounces ham
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar, Monterey jack or Swiss cheese
- 0.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half, whole or 2% milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add scallion and garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl. Avoid adding any liquid released by the vegetables. Wipe out pan.
- Keep heat at medium-high. Place Italian sausage in the skillet or saute pan and cook 5 to 7 minutes, breaking it up as you go, until crumbled, browned and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Add to bowl with vegetables.
- Keep heat at medium-high. Place bacon in skillet or saute pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Add to bowl with vegetables and sausage. Let cool to room temperature. Add ham and cheeses and stir to combine.
- Spray a 10-inch round baking dish with cooking spray.
- Transfer vegetable, meat and cheese mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs and half-and-half or milk. Add salt and black pepper. Pour over vegetable, meat and cheese mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set in the center and top is lightly browned.