Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Feta Cheese
From a Chef's Kitchen
Cucumber Red Onion Feta Cheese Salad is easy, delicious and comes together quickly!
- 4 large cucumbers (about 2 pounds)
- 0.5 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar or as needed
- 0.25 cup olive oil ((divided))
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 bunch fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumbers, leaving some of the peel intact for color and texture. Quarter the cucumbers lengthwise and remove the seeds. Slice or cut the cucumber into bite-size pieces.
- Place in a bowl, add the onion, rice vinegar, olive oil and salt and black pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add the feta cheese and mint and toss. Adjust acidity as desired and seasoning to taste.