Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad with Yogurt - Mint Dressing and Feta Cheese
From a Chef's Kitchen
Cucumber Tomato and Red Onion Salad with Yogurt Mint Dressing and Feta Cheese is the perfect side dish for grilled meat, poultry or fish.
- 1 large English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 0.5 red onion (chopped)
- 0.75 cup Greek yogurt, fat-free, low-fat or regular
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 0.5 large lemon
- 0.5 cup mint leaves, loosely packed plus more sliced leaves for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 0.5 cup feta cheese
- Combine chopped cucumber, tomatoes and red onion in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, lemon, mint, and salt and black pepper in a mini food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour over vegetables, add feta cheese and toss.
- Garnish with thinly sliced mint leaves and serve immediately.