Epic Vegetarian Tacos
Cookie and Kate
Truly amazing vegetarian tacos featuring easy-to-make refried beans, quick-pickled onions, and creamy avocado sauce! Even meat lovers go crazy for these tacos.
- quick-pickled onions
- creamy avocado dip
- easy refried beans
- 8 corn tortillas
- salsa VERDE
- shredded green cabbage (for extra crunch)
- crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- Prepare the onions, avocado dip, and beans as directed, in that order.
- Once they're ready, warm the tortillas in a large skillet over medium heat in batches, flipping to warm each side. Alternatively, you can warm them directly over a low flame on a gas range. Stack the warmed tortillas on a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- To assemble the tacos, spread refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with avocado dip and onions (for reference, I used all of the beans and about half of the avocado dip and onions). Finish the tacos with garnishes of your choice, and serve immediately.
- Leftover components are best served separately; reheat the tortillas and beans before serving. Leftover pickled onions and avocado dip are great on quesadillas, nachos or tortilla chips, sandwiches, etc.