The View From the Great Island
Rainbow Crudités with Fire Feta ~ an oasis of freshness and crunch in a season of comfort foods, people will flock to this colorful healthy appetizer!
- 1 pound block of sheep's milk feta (sold in brine)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- 0.25 pound roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- chopped chives
- Cut the feta in large chunks and add to the bowl of a food processor along with the garlic. Add the red peppers and process until mostly creamy, but still retaining a little texture. I like to pulse the machine for more control.
- Add the cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon at a time until it's just right for your taste.
- Dip can be put in an airtight container and refrigerated for several days.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives.
- Place a bowl of dip in the center of a large platter and arrange crudité around it. I used: French green beans, yellow pepper strips, radishes, baby zucchini, baby scallions, endive, red bell pepper strips, baby cucumber, baby carrots, purple cauliflower, golden beets, and watermelon radish.