The View From the Great Island
Rainbow Crudités with Fire Feta ~ an oasis of freshness and crunch in a season of comfort foods, people will flock to this colorful healthy appetizer!
- 1 pound block of sheep's milk feta (sold in brine)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- chopped chives
- Cut the feta in large chunks and add to the bowl of a food processor along with the garlic. Add the red peppers and process until mostly creamy, but still retaining a little texture. I like to pulse the machine for more control.
- Add the cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon at a time until it's just right for your taste.
- Dip can be put in an airtight container and refrigerated for several days.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives.
- Place a bowl of dip in the center of a large platter and arrange crudité around it. I used: French green beans, yellow pepper strips, radishes, baby zucchini, baby scallions, endive, red bell pepper strips, baby cucumber, baby carrots, purple cauliflower, golden beets, and watermelon radish.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island