Guacamole Topped with Blistered Tomatoes
The View From the Great Island
An easy guacamole topped with sweet juicy blistered cherry tomatoes, it’s ready in minutes!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 limes (juice of)
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pint multi-colored cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- Halve, pit and scoop out the avocados. Mash them along with the lime juice with a fork until no large chunks remain. Add the onion salt, garlic powder, and cilantro. Taste to adjust any of the flavors.
- Put the tomatoes in a skillet and toss with a little olive oil, just to lightly coat. Heat on medium high heat, tossing the skillet often, until the tomatoes start to char and split open, this will only take a few minutes.
- Top the guacamole with the tomatoes, drizzle with more olive oil, and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately with chips.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island