Guacamole Topped with Blistered Tomatoes
The View From the Great Island
An easy guacamole topped with sweet juicy blistered cherry tomatoes, it’s ready in minutes!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 limes (juice of)
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pint multi-colored cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- Halve, pit and scoop out the avocados. Mash them along with the lime juice with a fork until no large chunks remain. Add the onion salt, garlic powder, and cilantro. Taste to adjust any of the flavors.
- Put the tomatoes in a skillet and toss with a little olive oil, just to lightly coat. Heat on medium high heat, tossing the skillet often, until the tomatoes start to char and split open, this will only take a few minutes.
- Top the guacamole with the tomatoes, drizzle with more olive oil, and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately with chips.