Hasselbeck Potatoes -- fanned potatoes baked until tender with paprika flavored butter/ oil and then topped them with some crunchy and cheesy breadcrumb mixture.
- 4 russet potatoes (Medium size , washed and scrubbed)
- 2 tbsps butter (, melted)
- 2 tbsps (1.25l) fish stock (Oil)
- 1 tsp paprika ((adjust as per taste))
- to taste Salt
- 3 tbsps breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsps Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsps parsley (, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut thin slices in the potatoes making sure that they are not cut all the way down but stopping short so that it is still connected in the bottom. Placing the potato on a spoon helps you slice the potatoes without cutting all the way down.
- Combine melted butter, oil, paprika and oil in a small bowl. Brush the potatoes with the oil.
- Place the potatoes in a baking pan and bake for 25~30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, gently pry the slices apart and brush a little more oil and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and bake for another 25~30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serve hot or warm.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout