Hoisin Glazed Pork Meatballs and Rice Noodles with Cabbage and Carrots
From a Chef's Kitchen
Soooo good! Put these Hoisin Glazed Pork Meatballs and Rice Noodles with Cabbage and Carrots in your life now!
- meatballs AND GLAZE
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 scallions (white and light green part only, finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (divided)
- ¼ cup soy sauce (plus 2 tablespoons )
- 1 teaspoon Chili garlic sauce (or to taste, divided)
- ⅓ cup panko
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- rice noodles
- ½ package (8-ounce) rice noodles (also called pad Thai noodles)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- 4 scallions (white and light green part, thinly sliced diagonally)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- MEATBALLS AND GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine scallions, half the garlic, 2 teaspoons ginger, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, panko and egg in a bowl and mix well. Add the pork and mix until well combined. Form into 16 1-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted registers 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine remaining garlic, ginger, 1/4 cup soy sauce, chili sauce, broth, hoisin sauce, sherry, rice vinegar and corn starch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened. When meatballs are cooked through, transfer them to saucepan and keep warm while preparing the rice noodles.
- RICE NOODLES
- Cook rice noodles in boiling water with salt per package directions; drain well and toss with 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Heat remaining oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage and carrot and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in remaining ingredients, add the rice noodles and heat through.
- Serve with meatballs.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen