Indian Spiced Lentil Soup
Cake and Whisky
Seasonal, hearty, very cheap and packed with vitamins and good stuff, this vegan Indian spiced lentil soup is super all round!
- 50 g coral lentils
- ½ clove garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- ¼ onion (roughly diced)
- ½ can chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 pinch curry leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil ((divided))
- salt, pepper
- In a saucepan, heat up the oil on medium heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic and ginger and cook, stiring regularly, until lightly golden.
- Add in the lentils and spices and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and water, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
View the recipe instructions at Cake and Whisky