Indian Spiced Lentil Soup
Cake and Whisky
Seasonal, hearty, very cheap and packed with vitamins and good stuff, this vegan Indian spiced lentil soup is super all round!
- 50g g coral lentils
- 0.5 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 0.25 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 0.25 onion, roughly diced
- 0.5 can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml l water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 0.25 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- pinch of curry leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil ((divided))
- salt, pepper
- In a saucepan, heat up the oil on medium heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic and ginger and cook, stiring regularly, until lightly golden.
- Add in the lentils and spices and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and water, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the lentils are soft.