Indo Chinese Vegetarian Burger Recipe
Indo Chinese Vegetarian Burger is a crunchy and very flavorful burger with Indo-Chinese flavors. Served with spicy chili sauce and toppings.
- 2 medium potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed or grated)
- 1 small carrot (finely chopped)
- 10~12 green beans (finely chopped)
- 1 small Green Pepper (finely chopped)
- 0.5 cup spring onions (both white and green parts) (chopped)
- 1 inch-piece ginger (finely grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 0.5 cup Soy granules (aka TVP) (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, then squeezed dry)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1~2 tsp Chili garlic sauce
- to taste Salt Pepper
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (whisked in 2tbsp water)
- 0.5 cup bread crumbs (I used wholewheat bread crumbs)
- 0.25 cup Chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp agave nectar (or brown/white sugar)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 4 wholewheat Burger Buns (Lightly toasted)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup sprouts
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, add the chopped green onions, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1~2 minutes.
- Next add carrots, green beans, green pepper and cook on medium flame until the veggies are tender, takes about 6~8 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Next add the mashed or grated potato, drained and squeezed dry soy granules. Cook for another 3~4 minutes. Let the mixture cool slightly to make the burgers.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, divide it into 4 equal portions. Form a patty with each portion, press a little bit to hold everything together.
- Place the flour slurry in a shallow plate and bread crumbs in another plate. Once the burgers are formed, gently dip both sides in the flour mixture and then coat both sides with the bread crumbs. Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining burgers.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame. Coat the skillet with 2tbsp oil. Gently put the burgers in the pan and cook for 2~3 minutes. Do not move the burger until the bottom is nicely cooked and turns golden. Flipping the burger too soon will break the burger.
- Once the bottom is golden and set, carefully flip it and cook the other side for another 1~2 minutes. Remove on to a plate and keep ready.
- Combine all the ingredients for the chili spread in a small mixing bowl. Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
- Generously spread the chili spread on both sides of the burger buns. On the bottom bun, place the burger, lettuce leaves, sprouts and some chopped green onions (if desired). Place the top bun, press lightly and Enjoy!!