Peaches and Cream Cheese Cupcakes
The View From the Great Island
This recipe makes the most perfect, pillowy yellow cupcakes topped with a light fresh peach cream cheese frosting. There’s nothing earth shattering about them, but the texture of the cake and the tangy peach icing is spot on. They are the perfect little something sweet without being too much.
- for the cupcakes
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1.25 cups sugar
- 0.75 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- peaches and Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ripe peach ( peeled and sliced)
- juice of lemon
- 0.5 unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 4 -5 cup confectioner’s sugar (sifted)
- Set the oven to 350F
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry. Stir just enough to combine everything, but don't over beat.
- Scoop the batter into cupcake liners and bake for about 20 minutes, until the cupcakes are risen and springy. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, puree the peach and lemon juice in a small food processor.
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese, and then add about 1/2 cup of the peach puree, and the sugar, one cup at a time. Add enough sugar to bring the frosting to a spreadable consistency. (You may not need all of it)