Pistachio and rose rolls
Pistachio and rose petal rolls
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 120 g butter
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- petals of 6-8 dried rose cloves, crushed into very small pieces
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 0.75 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 80 g butter
- 0.75 cup flour
- 1 tbsp instant dry yest
- 250 g cream cheese
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar
- 0.25 cup milk
- Start by making the dough.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Slightly warm the milk and set aside.
- Mix the butter, sugar, milk and egg and mix well.
- Add flour and instant yeast and mix until a soft dough ball is formed.
- Put the dough in a glass bowl previously brushed with oil, cover and let sit in the counter for 1-2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
- When the dough is ready, prepare the filling.
- Make sure your butter is very soft, it should have a spreadable consistency.
- Butter the pan where you're gonna bake the rolls and set aside.
- Roll the dough into a floured surface. try to make a 20 cm by 30 cm rectangle.
- Spread butter over the dough and sprinkle the entire surface with sugar.
- Top with chopped pistachios and crushed rose petals.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder and cut into 10 - 12 slices.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Once the rolls are ready bake for 25-30 min or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting.
- Mix the cream cheese, milk and sugar and pour over the baked rolls.